SailNet Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
One of None
8,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
got yer attention with that?
So... I got to thinking, if I'm going to get a boat again.. me needs to start looking for slps and prices. Eastern shore preferably.

I have a feeling I am going to be looking for a slip in Earnest in the next few weeks I keep thinking I would love to be in Annapolis but don't have much hope of it happening so if anyone knows or could steer me to the right people and is it crazy to think I can stay under 300 a month?
Seems doable on the Eastern shore,

·
One of None
8,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What are you looking for in a " slip" on the eastern Shore? Glitz? Or 6 poles to tie to?
Joe I'm sorry I did not see your reply sooner.

I've been sidetracked

I don't need glitz it would be nice to walk to fine dining but not necessary

, I used to be pretty good with my old day 30 in and out of places most people would never even try but, my next boat will probably be closer to 35 ft so, a new learning curve will be in order I'm sure.

·
cruising all I can
954 Posts
Depending on your draft.
I know a inexpensive location on the eastern Shore.
4' draft restriction.
Low key, showers, water, fuel, electric, bar/restaurant on sight.
But it's 10 miles to the nearest DG and 20 miles to a grocery .
So a car is convenient.or long term planning.
But $150 a month is easy to live with.

·
One of None
8,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is it a secret location Joe? Shoal draft hunter 34

·
cruising all I can
954 Posts
Goose creek marina, Rumbley MD.
New owners now the pit n pub / goose creek marina.
They have slips to rent.
It's quite remote.

·
One of None
8,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you! OMG remote would be an understatement Joe! maybe in the furture. I'm flat out tired of driving LOL Early May to Early July I drove across the USA and back!

·
Registered
1988 Pearson 31 WK
56 Posts
Whitehall Marina has slips under $3600/yr -->$300/mo. Pretty much a hurricane hole, 8-10ft depth. Well-run, outskirts of Annapolis- last exit before Bay Bridge, very quick access to the main Bay, avoids the Annapolis harbor chop and general silliness. Hinckley service yard on-site. Cantler's is one creek over, several other restaurants in Cape St Claire/Broadneck. The only hit is that you need to strategize getting there on Thurs/Fri afternoons or Sat AM because of beach traffic.

·
One of None
8,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank You ! yes. kinda love hate Rock Hall LOL I will be Handy point. (worton creek)

·
Advanced beginner
583 Posts
I can't get you exact quotes, but some of the marinas in Rockhold Creek (Western Shore) might be in your price range. Not the Herrington properties but I understand Hidden Harbor and Paradise are cheaper, and Deale fits your 'can walk to restaurants' criteria

1 - 11 of 11 Posts