SailNet Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just checking if anyone has an old (80's, early 90's) Autohelm 4000 Control Box sitting around? It is the black box with six rubber buttons and one rudder dial and four contacts on the cord. It is not the ST4000.

We are cruising down the ICW and blew our control box by having it out in the rain... I didn't know that was beyond their capabilities. Anyways, we also have a Monitor vane we use primarily when sailing any distance and the wheel pilot served its purpose just fine up until now. Anyways, until the day comes where we change it out completely, I am hoping to get a control box that was in good shape, if anyone has one.

I checked with Raymarine and they do not support this unit any longer...
I would be willing to pay a fair price plus shipping if it would get us moving down south!
Thanks!
Oh, and I know they are notoriously junky so no need to debate the best autopilot...

·
Registered
201 Posts
We may have one for you...

My father just replaced this Autohelm 4000 Unit with a newer ST unit.

He is travelling overseas this week, but I'll send him an email and see if he wants to part with it.

Jason

·
I'd rather be sailing
1,903 Posts
I just dropped my old one of at Bacon's in Annapolis today. We replaced it with an X10/ST70 unit. The wheelpilot broke and they wanted $495 to repair it, so I just gave up on it. You can give them a shout if you'd like. They probably haven't even cataloged it yet.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bacons

Thanks for the lead! I just called them, they hadn't seen it though... It was the box with 6 buttons and a dial for the wheelpilot right? Autohelm 4000? If you did drop it off, do you know who with? Any help would be great! Thanks!
Ben

·
Registered
201 Posts
I checked and we can get you the Autohelm box. My dad noted that the gasket sealing the two halves can be problematic, but that he thinks it still works. I will pm you with details.

Jason

1 - 7 of 7 Posts