SailNet Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Re-Member
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 36' CC Beneteau (1998 if that is important). Unfortunately, as I was fueling up at the end of last year, the cap found its way to Davey Jones' locker. I took a cap off one of the water fill points and used that over the winter (and stuck a tennis ball in the water fill).

However, now that the season is coming up, I need a more permanent solution. I have contacted Beneteau. Unfortunately, the only thing they can sell me is a new fuel fill that includes a cap. This would require me to take out the old fill and seat the new one. That new cap does not fit the old fill. I'd rather not mess with a new fill if I don't have to.

Any suggestions?

·
Re-Member
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks

I appreciate the vote of confidence. I have exchanged emails with Beneteau's customer support.

I won't really know what kind of access to the backside I have until this weekend. We launch and that is the next time I'll be up at the boat. I just never thought I wouldn't be able to purchase just the cap ... there have to be many people who have encountered the same issue. Oh well... again, thanks.

·
Re-Member
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All four of my fills had a chain that was supposed to do that ... of the four, only one is still attached. Unfortunately, that one is on the deck at the water fill where it is unlikely to fall off. The diesel fill is on the stern without a flat surface nearby. Thus, without the chain, it was bound to find the bottom of the lake sooner or later. Shame on me for that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.