SailNet Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Anything-Sailing Founder
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I've been looking at boats to buy and I found one that I am really interested in. My problem is I'm pretty much a newbie and I'm not 100% sure what to look for. Is there anyone local (or not too far away) who is more experienced and able to come on short notice to help a fellow Sailnetter on their first boat purchase? Lunch and beer is on me.

I'm on Lake Norman and the boat is in Denver new Westport Marina. Shoot me a PM if you can help.

Thanks,
Chris

·
1,000 Posts
Guys,

I need anyone of you that lives near him, to please go there and have a look at this boat for him.

He showed photos and such, and the boat looks good, and has a spot in the marina already..

But O'days sometimes have weak soft decks, the chainplates need inspection and according to him the stanchions "shake".

Thanks in advance

·
Anything-Sailing Founder
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes it is. I think I showed you pics.

It's finally getting down to it. The RV sold and I'll be getting the money tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Cam bought your RV?:eek: :eek: :eek: Alright :D :D :D :D

OK someone from N Carolina help out here. Wait a minute....doesn't Cam live in N Carolina? He can look at the boat when he picks up the RV.

·
Telstar 28
993 Posts
CK—

I hope you've read and taken notes on the Boat Inspection Trip Tips thread I started. :) I'm sure that one of our colleagues here will help you out.

·
Telstar 28
993 Posts
Good luck CKG...

·
Telstar 28
993 Posts
He knows how you maintain stuff apparently. :)
Sheeesh; I offered an O'day 32, trailer, and a 2002 F-250 for his RV and he turned me down. Good luck!

·
Anything-Sailing Founder
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Xort, If I remember right YOU broke the deal off because of the banana peels in the sink. :D:D

Besides, the boat was too big. That would be a pain to ddry sail :D

Oh ya. and What SD said.......

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
I'm going to help, as I am going after denbys crown of chief ignoramous!:D

..........so anyway, what size o'day was this again? I did get you the site for O'day info did I not?

marty

·
Anything-Sailing Founder
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ya I did. I'm just looking to see if anyone can come with to take a really detailed look at it.

It's an O'Day 25.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts