SailNet Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
Open the locker and look at the motor. It will have a make and model plate or sticker right on it.
My off hand guess, a Maxwell, looks to be a 1500 or so - but why guess when you can look and see?

·
Dufour 27 Newb
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Open the locker and look at the motor. It will have a make and model plate or sticker right on it.
My off hand guess, a Maxwell, looks to be a 1500 or so - but why guess when you can look and see?
thanks for that! believe it or not there is no make or model!

But your tip did highlight a problem (see below) which I have since resolved with a wire brush and a good dose of hammerite paint applied to the rust areas.

Here is the pic of the motor before the paint job!

thanks for your time.

J.

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
Glad I could help, sometimes you never know what is just below the surface.

Second suggestion - epoxy all that wood! - Start with a CPES (clear penetrating epoxy sealer - I like Smith's brand) and add a coat or three of West system after that's dryed.

Especially make sure you get it good around the hawse hole (where the chain goes through).

·
Registered
113 Posts
Possibly not relevant, but my Dufour 35 came from the factory with a Goiot manual windlass, as well as mostly Goiot hardware, hatches, etc. All French of course, and very nice stuff back then. Not sure if they changed suppliers over the years. Not a lot ov visible logo's on their pro0ducts, if I remember right.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts