SailNet Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Crealock 37
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1995 PSC 37. According to Thumper at PSC the potable water lines used at time of building were either Seatech or Whale.

Mine appear to be Seatech but I can't figure out how to disconnect the fittings.

This first photo is of one of the connectors.

Sorry for the crummy pic. This is after popping the end cap off. I had assumed you push the gray collar toward the fitting but I was unable to get it to move.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
I suggest a wrench as the best way to press on the ring. You might have to jiggle the hose a bit, it's been in there for a while and it's happy where it is.

Try this : While pushing on the ring with the wrench, push the hose in further, then pull hard.

·
Old enough to know better
4,345 Posts
I know the "Gator fittings" and "Shark Fittings" have a tool that snaps over the tube, and you use that to push the ring into the fitting. You might check Home Depot or Lowes to see if they have a tool that would fit. It will come undone, but if it has been on for a while I would not think it will seal again because the O-rings will likely have deformed. They seem to be connect several times while setting them up, but once on for a year or two they won't disconnect and re-connect without leaking. Or so it has been my experience, especially if it is a hot water line.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/SharkBite-1-2-in-Disconnect-Clip-U710A/100638139?N=5yc1vZbqpfZ4n3

Likely would work. I don't like the fittings in a house where they are hidden but on a boat they would work well. I have used them in a house, but only over a drop ceiling where there is good access if it ever needs to be replaced. I prefer the crimp fittings, and once you have the tool they are much cheaper.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts