SailNet Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need new stanchions (34ft. C&C)

Need a supplier for some damaged stanchions for 1982 34'' C&C. Looked in westmarine, not some style. Need the type with the cast ring on the top to match existing. Any help would be greatly aprreciated.
Thanks

J

·
0 Posts

I would try ''Tops in quality'' which made a lot of hardware used on Canadian boats. That said, the cast top loop sounds like a Merriman fitting and Merriman is out of business.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

If Tops has them OK. However that ring is not such a good thing because it sticks up too much. If someone fell on it the thing may cause an injury.

I have those rings on my boat (C&C 35-1) and when I added gates the new stantions have a black plastic fitting on the end. It looks safer. Perhaps you could change all of the fittings to the plastic one?

I was thinking of getting some black plastic and turning a bunch up. But here I am typing on a computer.

·
Registered
158 Posts

You could try Whitewater Marine. They are near Port Huron MI. They are not big, but might be able to help.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Southshore Yachts in Niagara On The Lake Canada have all patterns of stanchions for pre-''98 C&C yachts. e-mail-- [email protected] or web site www.niagara.com/sailboat/ABOUT.HTM

·
Registered
3 Posts
Try Holland Marine Inc in Canada - they have a web site. I ordered some replacement toe-rail, replacement rubrail, and stantion parts from them for my 1981 C&C 40.

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
Jeff,
welcome aboard and let me be the first to tell ya,
you just responded to a post that is almost 6 years old.
I'm thinking that the repair has already been done or the boat has been sold.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts