SailNet Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Glad I found Sailnet
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some reason, the off-topic passwrd stopped working suddenly. Is there a new password?

Can someone send me the off-topic password?

Regards,
Brad

·
Super Fuzzy Moderator
17,137 Posts
For some reason, the off-topic passwrd stopped working suddenly. Is there a new password?

Can someone send me the off-topic password?

Regards,
Brad
Hasn't changed Brad ... at least not that I am aware of.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
The first letter of the password is a capital letter...

·
Administrator
5,921 Posts
Yes. It is case sensitive. Jib

·
Glad I found Sailnet
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks! I remembered it but not the capital letter.

I tried main, rudder, tiller, keel, mast...

Regards,
Brad

·
Glad I found Sailnet
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Administrator
5,921 Posts
I'm not sure what you mean by "outside"? Anyone can see Off Topic without a password.

·
Banned
17,467 Posts
I'm not sure what you mean by "outside"? Anyone can see Off Topic without a password.
I think he means PRWG. Bene - you can see the password in standard OT (DR's link above) without being logged into PRWG. However, you have to be logged into SN to see OT. So it's kind of like 2-step authentication. It actually works pretty well in my opinion.

·
Glad I found Sailnet
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think he means PRWG. Bene - you can see the password in standard OT (DR's link above) without being logged into PRWG. However, you have to be logged into SN to see OT. So it's kind of like 2-step authentication. It actually works pretty well in my opinion.
OK, I didn't realize that. Thank you both.

Regards,
Brad

·
Banned
17,467 Posts
I've noticed that OT - which used to be one of the busiest parts of SN is now virtually dead - and has been for quite a while. It's like SN has become "All Sailing All The Time".

As one who got his start in the illustrious SNOT - I say that's pretty awesome.

·
Administrator
7,614 Posts
I'm pleased its dead.
Nothing I hated more about this forum than when people would transfer their wako ideas out into the general forum and expect those who dont use Off Topic/politics to know what they are dribbling about.

One forum for all is my vote! And that ain't politics ;)

·
Senior Pirate
2,656 Posts
I've noticed that OT - which used to be one of the busiest parts of SN is now virtually dead - and has been for quite a while. It's like SN has become "All Sailing All The Time".

As one who got his start in the illustrious SNOT - I say that's pretty awesome.
OT - where you post the same point of view day in and day out while hoping for different results?

Yeah, I just gave up on it. Talking about sailing and boats is a lot more rewarding.

·
Glad I found Sailnet
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Once of my favorite threads is the "Market Crash are we there yet" thread.

Regards,
Brad

·
Senior Pirate
2,656 Posts
Brad,
That thread was educational early on, but over time degenerated into political points of view.

I just wrote another two paragraphs, and had to delete them. I found i was arguing that thread...all over again!!!

Peace..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts