SailNet Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I''m considering the purchase of an Irwin 38
for use as coastal cruiser...east coast...
max range Florida to Virgins. Please advise!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Saw your message. Pleased with remarks. My wife & I are looking at 43CC for liveaboard in 2 yrs and coastal cruising Maine to Cariib. I was concerned over SA of 1000 ft2 for a 26000 # boat. Do you know of any Owners Assns?
The one I''m interested in has roller main. Do you have any comments? I raced against a 43CC in 1980''s in the offshore race around Long Island Sound. She won due to rating and weather which gave us smaller boats a very hard time.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Sails very fast...have roller furling Genoa...in one race 17 kts apparent wind did 11kts...I also have a dutchman system for the main and works great...the elec.winche puts it up and then just let it go and it flakes down at the boom...the elec winche works great with the main sheet also. But I do have to say she sails easy thru the water, can''t believe the speed. She is must stronger than the general public thinks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have owned #184 for two years and she is not only comfortable, but can make 8.1k in 18 apparent under genoa alone. This makes my wife happy at a heel of less than 15 degrees.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts