SailNet Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Where are you located? There are a number of used sail brokers, first among which is Bacon's in Annapolis MD.

Get the luff and foot dimensions you need from the spars and dive into their listings.

I'd give you a link, but I'm not allowed to as I haven't posted enough messages. (???)

·
Glad I found Sailnet
3,842 Posts
mf70 -- get posting!! It only takes 10.

Regards,
Brad

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Rive,

14 feet isn't a huge boat. It might be reasonable to get a kit from Sailrite and sew your own. I've read reviews from people who have done that and are quite pleased with the results. I plan on making a new mainsail this winter. Another thing to consider . . . are you sitting? Poly. No, really. Look for poly sailiors. They literally make sails from tarp material, Tyvek, stuff like that. I think just because they can. At least you'd be making a statement!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Can't help. I never even knew used sails were a "thing" when I was sailing in California.

I'm in Maryland now. I can vouch for Bacons. If they have a sail with the correct hoist and foot dimensions, and they say it is in good condition, you will be impressed. I can't imagine shipping would be too much.

They didn't specifically list anything for an O'Day Javelin, but they do have small sails. Have a look.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts