SailNet Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i DID IT , I HAD A WEAK MOMENT AND JUST SENT MY DEPOSITS TO MR BRODIE AND COMPANY FOR PS 31 HULL #130. DELIVERY DATE IS SEPT 18 .
PLEASE TELL ME THE THAT WHAT I HAVE HEARD AND READ ABOUT THESE BOATS IS TRUE ...
mike

·
Registered
44 Posts
Mike,
I think that the only thing wrong with your boat order is that you have to wait until September!

We've owned Pacific Seacraft boats since 1983, and each has been wonderful. Sold our 23-year old PSC 37 for more than we paid for her new--and then bought another PSC boat.

I predict you are about to be a very happy man.

Sue
PSC 40 #60 Fugue

·
Registered
103 Posts

Mike,

Your new '31 is very nearly as good as my '88. That makes it the second best boat in the world. What's there to worry about a boat that can go anywhere in the world and last forever?

John
psc 31 #28

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
i DID IT , I HAD A WEAK MOMENT AND JUST SENT MY DEPOSITS TO MR BRODIE AND COMPANY FOR PS 31 HULL #130. DELIVERY DATE IS SEPT 18 .
PLEASE TELL ME THE THAT WHAT I HAVE HEARD AND READ ABOUT THESE BOATS IS TRUE ...
mike
Congratulations!!:)

I think you'll like this boat.;)

One suggestion: Even if you're not planning to sail as a cutter, have them install all the necessary deck hardware in case you change your mind down the road. It's much easier for them to do it at the factory than for you to do it later on.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I bet you'll love it!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hi Mike,
Congratulations on your new boat, you must be walking on air right now. This is our first season with our PSC 31 and the boat has far exceeded all of our expectations. We are amazed at how well the boat tracks when sailing to weather. Ours is a cutter but we are sailing her as a sloop for the first season before we decide on how to rig the inner forestay and staysail. That is a topic for another day.
I'm sure that the folks at the "new" PSC will take great care of you.
You absolutely made the right decision, I know that we did.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Dear Mike, you know all that "literature" you get when you buy a new car-- yea, the stuff extolling the virtues of the purchase you just made -- it is all intentionally designed to counter that universal "OMG, what have I just done" that comes whenever we make a big purchase. I think it is called "cognitive dissonance" but whatever the term it is as natural as wedding jitters. I look forward to hearing from you after your first and then first couple of sails when your response is more "Wow, what a brilliant purchase that was!"

Vicariously looking forward to September, Jay

PS 37 # 171, Kenlanu

·
Registered
180 Posts
mike
In the old days, it took 5 months to build my 31.
Congrats.
Tom

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi Mike:

From one Texas guy ( now in Florida) to another congrats on the new 31. We have # 26 which we purchased in Nov '07 from Kemah, TX on Galveston Bay. We took her to Florida Keys and the Exumas last year. Planning a winter cruise to keys, Dry Tortugas and maybe the Abaco's end of this year.

Our's has the inner forestay that we can easily move for easy genoa tacking. Boat also has running backstays.

Enjoy your new 31.

Regards,

Ed PSC 31 #26 "patty ann"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts