SailNet Community banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Old as Dirt!
3,488 Posts
The four pin connector for my masthead light has one broken pin at the base of the mast. As a result the connector does not make good contact at the base of the mast. The broken pin is one of those split pins. I broke it by wedging a tiny screw driver into the split in the hopes of opening it and getting a better connection. In the process of doing so one side of the pin broke off. My bad! As a matter of fact some day I am going to list and tell the stories of all the repairs i have had to do that are self-inflicted. I think sometimes boats get a bad wrap of being expensive to maintain when all along it is idiots like me just breaking perfectly working stuff. Anyway I digress.

Now the pin with just one side remaining is way to small for the female end of the connector and the lights don't work. Short of ordering and soldering in a new connector, is there a DIY fix for this one pin? :) Thanks
If a pin connector is what you need/want Google Four Pin Wiring Plugs. Chop off the old plug and splice the matched colored wiring to the new plug tail pieces. Maybe 30 minute repair.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts