SailNet Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a PSC 31 Crelock, and currently tow my dingy. I have come close to losing the dingy on more than one occasion, but do not like inflateables. Does anyone out there have, or have ever used a nesting dingy? Can you give me your thoughts on how well it worked, and how well it stowed
Thanks

·
Registered
70 Posts
Nesting Dinghy

We bought a very well made and attractive nesting/sailing dinghy from Gig Harbor. It was pricey but I think it was worth it - light weight Kevlar - everything was near perfect. It fits behind the mast on our 34 if you loose the rigid vang or forward of the mast if you remove the inner forestay.

We left it behind when we went cruising. It was just too cumbersome to handle on the side deck, bolting the two halves together. In a seaway it would have been even more interesting.

I wish we had it here (on a mooring at Key West) as it rows very well and would have been a lot faster/dryer than our Avon rollup. But I'm still glad we didn't bring it.

Sam
sv Grace PSC34

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sam Thanks for the info. I am also a NW boater out of Port Townsend. can you give me the name of the place in Gig Harbor? I hate asking, I know that I will regret it, but how is warm water sailing? Thanks again. Dave

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry, I was thinking Gig Harbor on Puget Sound. Thanks for the correction.
I have read that you are selling your boat, I know that you have contributed to this site a great deal. I hope that we are not loosing you from it as well, are we? Dave

·
Registered
5,678 Posts
Sorry, I was thinking Gig Harbor on Puget Sound. Thanks for the correction.
I have read that you are selling your boat, I know that you have contributed to this site a great deal. I hope that we are not loosing you from it as well, are we? Dave
Dave,

Our boat is not for sale!:) You must have read one of my posts where I mentioned that it is beginning to feel a bit tight for our family of five on the longer (week+) trips we take.

Not sure when or if we will move up in size. No plans to move on from this site, either.

Hope you're enjoying your 31! We love ours. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.