SailNet Community banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I used it the other day on a quick 2 day trip.

The graph is very small and hard to see. To expand it one needs to drop the time from 20 minutes to lower. It would be nice to spread it with fingers.

20 minutes is long enough for tracking but not long for currents on a 2 day trip. It would be nicer if it was 24 hours.
I didn't imagine SailFreeGPS could be used for so long time !!!
I just imaged it could be used to help to trim the sails ...

Fred

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Hello,

I have published a new release where
  • you can dismiss to display magnetic compass (to save battery)
  • Mob button is now accessible from every screen)
Fred

·
Registered
5,059 Posts
speaking of navigation software.....

I think a comprehensive data logging feature would be very handy. All I see now is the track. A track might only show you had passed in "safe water".. at some point in time.

What would be useful is the ability to click on a location on a track... and get the following information

time vessel was at the location
depth
boats speed
SOG
wind speed, true and apparent
wind angle, true and apparent
actual wind speed and direction

This would require lots of memory.... and sample rate would have to be limited.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Hello,

New small release increasing the number of available waypoints to 8
New menu containing Beaufort and Douglas scale
Few bug fix

Fred

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi Fred,
I answer here because I'm no more on Hisse-et-Oh, where I was following you (I was fed up with this forum :|).
I tested the Anchor Alarm. Simple but seems to be running well. I must say that one thing could make the difference among all the anchor apps, it's the ability to first moore, then return to the application, locate on the track the point corresponding to the boat's position at the time of anchoring and choose then the anchor position which is usually materialized by a reverse movement (like in the Sailgrib's Anchor Alarm app).
Thanks for all your work with this app, it's amazing!
JM

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Hello,

New release including speed average and easier way to display waypoint distance
@BuenaOnda : Yes, you can adjust anchor location on the map using the recorded track!!! And so, moore without any consideration of the app you just siwth on before!!!

Fred

·
Registered
5,059 Posts
Hello,

Here it is !!! I have created a premium version with no ads and a lot of extra features.
Fred... is this free? what is the link? Premium costs how much and is the same with out ads?

21 - 40 of 40 Posts