SailNet Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As of a few hours ago I now have my very own hole in the water! Freshly waxed and bottom painted.
After launching

On stands.

And some vidoes of it on the lift and going into the water:

·
Registered
7,298 Posts
Looks good, and have fun on her!

But you missed a spot in the lower right back corner of the bottom of the boat. So you you need to rehaul and get some wax there!

Marty

·
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks good, and have fun on her!

But you missed a spot in the lower right back corner of the bottom of the boat. So you you need to rehaul and get some wax there!

Marty
I am looking for volunteers to come and shine the stainless! :)

I am excited to find new and interesting ways to spend money I don't have. I am beginning to wonder what kind of salve boat owners use on their rectums to reduce the burning...

·
19,489 Posts
Boat looks great! but get a real wheel and give than little guy to the nearest Mac26!;) :)

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
:D Congrats on a beautiful boat..... What year is she? I have an 81 that I currently am restoring so if you have any questions let me know. As soon as I get my dig camera back I will be posting some progress pics. These are some sweet sailing boats.

Jeff

·
Registered
339 Posts
Boat looks great! but get a real wheel and give than little guy to the nearest Mac26!;) :)
No offense, but....

Never Mind that!.....you got a BOAT!, it's YOURS!, and it's IN the water!.... what more can you ask for?

FINALLY....a place to throw all that money!!.....You should be ecstatic!

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Congratulations!!:)

Good looking boat. I agree with Faster, a larger diameter wheel would be nice, but you can use it as is and put that upgrade on your wishlist. Along with a lot of other things. Welcome to boat ownership.;)

·
Banned
12,373 Posts
My first boat was an Islander 28 (1976 I think) which I owned for 12 years before we bought our C&C.

I loved its performance and the joinery work in it. It will always have a special place in my mind.

Good luck with your new boat. Shes a beauty.

Dave

·
Unpaid Intern
992 Posts
Congrats, huguley3! I'm jealous--our new boat is 300 miles north of us buried away for the winter.

Enjoy the warm winter sailing in FL!

-J

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
Congratulations... what are you going to name her??

·
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am going to keep the name Sunny as it matches the paint on the boat and is pretty new. I have been told by my "friends" that is Sunny is not really appropriate for me. :)

·
Irrationally Exuberant
1,414 Posts
I have been told by my "friends" that is Sunny is not really appropriate for me. :)
That makes it ironic--even better! Congratulations!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts