SailNet Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just sold my boat and we are looking for a new one. I'm looking for something small enough to single hand but enough for the Caribbean. Looking for something on a budget. I've looked at a Endeavour 32 that I liked, a Pearson 35, an Irwin 33 and a Tarten 34. All late 70's and a 1980 for the Endeavour. I'm not looking to cross an ocean at this point otherwise I'd sale the farm and find a CSY 44. Any thoughts on the list or other boats to look at. Remember the budget at this point. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
IMHO the Pearson and the Tartan are a notch or two above the others as far as initial build quality goes. Don't know what your budget is but if you can find a Nonsuch that you can afford they would be ideal for single-handing. They are also fairly fast and easy to sail.

Good Luck !

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
Ummm... you haven't mentioned a budget...

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This next boat I want to keep the initial out put no more than 30. I'd really like to keep the boat between 20 and 30. I know I'm going to have to do some upgrades. Would the Pearson or the Tartan be okay for going anywhere in the Caribbean?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts