SailNet Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
RNC725
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious as to what the cost might be at your marinas to pull out a 30 footer, pressure wash the bottom, Scotchbrite lightly then roll on some bottom paint. No blisters and freshwater kept. I know it will just be guesstimate but I would like to know your thoughts. Thanks to all in advance.

·
Banned
141 Posts
There is a good thread going on right now about this subject . But basics for me are $175.out $175 in , $50. lay day . $250. a gal. paint that the yard requires that I buy from them .

·
Registered
178 Posts
So many variables but for my Lancer 36 it was just about $1250.00 for haul, sand and bottom paint. Your boat would be about $1000.00 give or take, as of 2012. but California prices might be more than Georgia. Just my .02 worth.

Brad
Lancer 36

·
I don't discuss my member
2,636 Posts
Just curious as to what the cost might be at your marinas to pull out a 30 footer, pressure wash the bottom, Scotchbrite lightly then roll on some bottom paint. No blisters and freshwater kept. I know it will just be guesstimate but I would like to know your thoughts. Thanks to all in advance.
Here in the Bay Area, you're looking at about $2K for two coats of Pettit Trinidad.

·
That Drunk Guy
257 Posts
Up here in Oregon just had mine done $31 a foot plus $50 hazardous waste disposal fee....so right around a grand.

·
Registered
23,486 Posts
$20 per foot for the first coat, as little as $10 per foot for additional coats, plus the cost of the paint, which is highly variable based on what you choose.

Some yards will not charge to haul/splash to get the work. Many/most will.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts