SailNet Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just want to post and say hello, I've been reading.

I've had a couple of interesting sailing adventures around the FL Keys/Cuba, including two knock-downs due to squall. I love sailing for the same reasons I love paddling a canoe, or paddling a canoe in whitewater...

When in a canoe, floating down a creek or river I think of all of the people in pre-history who have done the same. It just naturally comes to mind. When I'm sailing I also think of all the people who have come before me, in good weather and bad, 4,000 years or so.

In the end I am just naturally drawn to the water. It doesn't matter if it's a big drop in the river or a following sea durring storm, I love it. A friend once called it "Dancing with God", I agree.

I will be looking for some crew experience with an eye toward buying my own boat. My long term goal might be an Atlantic crossing, single handed or with one other. I'll probably begin up and down East coast US, to gain experience.

thanks,
El Kent

·
Registered
295 Posts
Sounds like you've had an adventure or two that might qualify for the 'Big Freaking Sails' thread.:eek: Check it out. In the meantime, welcome to the Net. Lots of great sailors and and wealth of knowledge here. Enjoy the ride.:thewave:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.