SailNet Community banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Welcome! I too recently acquired a Cal 21 (March 2013, hull 467) and had to basically rebuild the interior and work on a few other items. You can view the project here: scottmrozek.com/cal21 (www in front - I don't have enough posts here to be able to spell out the whole website yet)

I had it docked all summer and sailed as much as my schedule and the weather would permit, and some days I would just sit and relax on it. Just the other day I pulled her out and trailered her home for the winter :( I also have a list of things I'd like to get done before next spring.

My keel cable is not permanently attached, but I keep it attached along with the locking bolt. Yes, there is a cable hum once you get up to speed, but I like the idea of having the cable attached as a backup just in case. The idea of only one half inch bolt holding the entire keel in place just doesn't sit well with me.

Anyway, any questions about the boat, I'd be happy to answer to the best of my ability.

Happy Sailing! :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.