SailNet Community banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Everyone, I thought I would take the opportunity to intriduce myself here as well. MY father and I recently acquired a Cal21 with trailer 6 hp johnson (too much motor?), two sets of sails and a roller furler. I haven't had a chance to sail her yet as I haven't been able to assess the condition of the keel.

I've been able to get a few ideas from postings here and elsewhere regarding how to go about maintaining and repairing the keel and related equipment as might be required. I'll share how I get on here and look forward to comments and knowledge from those of you with more experience.

I'm based in Connecticut and am relatively experienced in sailing Long Island Sound including the east river and lower hudson. I'm excited to trailer this boat to cape cod and some of the larger regional lakes (Lake George & Lake Champlain) over the next several years with my family.

Best Regards, Armando

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.