SailNet Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
Any reason your main content is right-justified text. It really should be left justified, since that will make it far more readable. :)

·
Tenacious Pragmatist
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Livia! Yes, it's a wordpress template: theme 'Digg 3'. I like the vibe on wordpress. They also have a lot of themes to choose from, some more customizable than others.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Nice job with the blog. Best wishes on all your adventures1!

·
Tenacious Pragmatist
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:) Thanks, Pamlicotraveler. May's run into overtime -- I'll let you know as soon as we do. And I appreciate your good thoughts, tongabound, thank you. I'm off to check out your next life.

·
Big Chicken Baby
410 Posts
The blog looks great. I learned many,many things during the prucahse process. The most important is that finding the right boat takes time and its best to be really, really loose on those schedules. :)

Hope you find the perfect boat soon!

·
Tenacious Pragmatist
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, everyone! Here's the scoop: as I've just posted elsewhere on SailNet, I'm not breaking out the sparkling apple juice yet because money and papers don't change hands until morning. However, I'm very pleased to have found what I believe is an excellent value and combination of compromises for a boat for my purposes and budget. I'll keep you posted and hope to have celebratory news tomorrow!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Wow, congratulations... can't wait to see the boat. I personally love the process of boat shopping after having done it twice now. Though the second time was under a time deadline we couldn't fudge -- I was very pregnant, TICK TOCK TICK TOCK! We moved aboard the new-to-us boat 10 days before the little swabbie was born.

I'll be keeping up with your site to see how you're coming along! It looks great!

·
Tenacious Pragmatist
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks everyone. Saltydawg, I can't imagine the whirlwind that experience must've been. How neat for the baby, though--coming into the world and straight to the water. I hope it was more fun than stress.

It has been a very long forty eight hours. I know enough not to count my chickens before they hatch, and as I posted night before last, I'd indulged in only cautious optimism, but I never saw this coming. After verbal agreement and plans to finalize in the morning, the seller got cold feet.

Apparently it was a very emotional decision. My partner was a patient, diplomatic champ on the phone all night and morning. With success after daily boat searching for more than six months, I felt like an adopting parent whose surrogate thinks she wants to keep the baby.

Yesterday morning, many phone calls and much hand-wringing later, the owner decided to honor her word. You can be sure we jumped out of bed bleary-eyed, pulled on whatever clothes were in reach, and raced to South San Francisco before the tide changed again.

So... I am now the proud and happy owner of a full keel 1965 Buchan 37! I slept like a stone last night. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts