SailNet Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings All CT owners,
I take possession of a 1974 CT41 tomorrow following a transition from my previous boat, a Catalina 36. I'm beginning to see that the two boats are like apples and oranges so am anticipating many learning opportunities as I become acquainted with the new lady. Any tips that fellow CT owners might offer would be greatly appreciated. My short term goal at this time is to prepare her for the 2015 Ha Ha as a jumping off point for the possibility of greater things. As the saying goes "Time will tell". Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Michael

·
Registered
547 Posts
Greetings All CT owners,
I take possession of a 1974 CT41 tomorrow following a transition from my previous boat, a Catalina 36. I'm beginning to see that the two boats are like apples and oranges so am anticipating many learning opportunities as I become acquainted with the new lady. Any tips that fellow CT owners might offer would be greatly appreciated. My short term goal at this time is to prepare her for the 2015 Ha Ha as a jumping off point for the possibility of greater things. As the saying goes "Time will tell". Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Michael
Check your chainplates. Now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I recently purchased a 1974 CT 41 that had been fully restored in like new condition. I noticed that my HIN# doesn’t start with TAC like most CTs. My HIN starts with CLXCS. So I ran the HIN on boat history report and it showed the builder/manufacturer as Caillou Boats / Clipperships in Massachusetts. I was under the impression that Ta Chiao Bros. Yacht Building Co. built the CT in Tawain. Caillou Boats built canoes and kayaks according to my research. Does anyone have any information about this?

·
1968 Columbia 50
Columbia 50
661 Posts
I recently purchased a 1974 CT 41 that had been fully restored in like new condition. I noticed that my HIN# doesn't start with TAC like most CTs. My HIN starts with CLXCS. So I ran the HIN on boat history report and it showed the builder/manufacturer as Caillou Boats / Clipperships in Massachusetts. I was under the impression that Ta Chiao Bros. Yacht Building Co. built the CT in Tawain. Caillou Boats built canoes and kayaks according to my research. Does anyone have any information about this?
Truly odd, though I cannot shed any light on your conundrum, might I suggest getting in touch with that company to find out what you can.

Also on FB there is a group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/leakyteakyyachtclub/

They might be able to shed some light on your question...

·
snake charmer, cat herder
2,677 Posts
Truly odd, though I cannot shed any light on your conundrum, might I suggest getting in touch with that company to find out what you can.

Also on FB there is a group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/leakyteakyyachtclub/

They might be able to shed some light on your question...
the leaky teaky tavern(formosa owners group) on facebook has more information on history and such. leaky teaky tavern has the owners of yahoo original group of formosa and ct owners who are the knowledge base of the group.
you are most welcome to come join us.
https://web.facebook.com/groups/577233669118920/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.