SailNet Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just joined the SN. Surfing the site- Loads of stuff some useful, some not.

Inland sailer mostly. Lookin to do some west coast cruising, but gotta get my papaers first.

Cheers,:)

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Hi All as well:

I just joined. Live on Vancouver Island beside some of the best cruising waters anywhere - Desolation Sound.

Cheers

·
Aquaholic
1,139 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think he means his pleasure craft operators card, mandatory sometime in October this year for anything with a motor on the water. Not much to it, actually its harder to get a drivers licence.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Welcome......and welcome. Explain 'the papers' Jamie?? You got us confused.
Pleasure Craft Operators Card. Came out in 99, mandatory as of this year on all boats with an engine over 9.9 HP. Supposed to keep the riff raff of the water, you know, the 50 year old guy with the gold chains and the beer, driving the 40' Carver or Sea Ray.

Welcome Jamie and Efalstrem

·
Registered
407 Posts
Fair enough. So that is mandatory for sailors as well I assume??
Only if you have a motor. Friend of mine has an Etchell that he races out of the RCYC. I had a good laugh when I watched the Toronto police marine unit tried to nail him for drinking and boating and operating without an operators card. No motor so none of the rules applied.

·
Mark on Camper 58
199 Posts
PAPERS? sounds like another of the plethora of niche taxes aimed at groups too small to scream loud enough. I'd say more but my veins are beginning to pop.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts