SailNet Community banner

41 - 60 of 90 Posts

Β·
Registered
4,376 Posts
Mine work perfectly fine. Maybe you need so help πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™
You're fortunate.
Not everybody else has similar experience.
I'll venture to say that are more tiny spills and gasoline splashes to eyes from using these spouts than from the older no-brainer spouts. Nope, no peer-reviews white papers, only real world experience.
Cut the excess plastic mold tails away and you are good.

Β·
11,751 Posts
You're fortunate.
Not everybody else has similar experience.
I'll venture to say that are more tiny spills and gasoline splashes to eyes from using these spouts than from the older no-brainer spouts. Nope, no peer-reviews white papers, only real world experience.
Cut the excess plastic mold tails away and you are good.
I venture to say spills are less than more. But I have no more proof of that than youπŸ˜€

Reactions: jwing

Β·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Maybe it's something different in the spouts you bought. I, like most here, can't make the damn things work. So if you have a good experience maybe you can get with someone who is having a bad experience and then try to figure out why that is and report back. If I'm doing something wrong, I'd like to know what that is.

Β·
Registered
21,594 Posts
My personal experience, with two versions of these new spouts, is I have spilled more with them in the last few years, than I had with every regular can in my lifetime. It's not me, the junky things get stuck, bent, worn out. They're plastic for goodness sakes. I think they might now be making better designs that work better, but there seems to be no good reason for them.

Ironically, spilled gasoline evaporates for the most part. How's that worse than insuring every last drop is burned and pollutes the atmosphere?

There is no logic here.

Β·
al brazzi
2,076 Posts
I own four of these (5 gal diesel, 5/2.5/1.25 gas) and have never had the cap knock off in use. My only complaint is that the diesel one takes a while to empty completely but that's a minor nit. They're the cleanest solution I've found. I own a shaker siphon but drips on the deck and fuel on the hands are inevitable when packing it up.
I just bought one of these, haven't used it yet so we'll see. Looks better than the gas spouts that require way too much pressure to open. Good idea to accomplish the task just so poorly designed and built.

Β·
Registered
332 Posts
The ones where you have a push-button valve work OK, although it does take a long time to empty. The ones where the spout itself is spring loaded valve that you push down on a lip on what you are filling are garbage. Fuel spills everywhere.

Β·
Registered
214 Posts
Of course they ignore the propane tank fiasco, of course those seem to work well for them too. Ignoring the massive propane spillage when filling. No, can't speak to the obvious....
Not to forget flooding the landfills with millions of empty canisters that worked just fine!
Give it a rest buddy. Left wing wacky doodle nonsense doesn't resonate with most of us trying to get the hell away from it on the seas!

Β·
Registered
431 Posts
"I'm from The Government and I'm here to Help"! Right! Its these type of people who are responsible for bottom paint that is more and more worthless every year.

Β·
11,751 Posts
"I'm from The Government and I'm here to Help"! Right! Its these type of people who are responsible for bottom paint that is more and more worthless every year.
Now the government enters it? Please give me a break . Every answer to everything can not be a political statement

Maybe if you spent the money listened to others recommendations and bought a quality bottom paint you wouldn't have the issue.

Β·
11,751 Posts
Maybe you could list a few examples of how the government doesn't intrude on our lives?
Wrong place for this discussion. Go to politics forum

Seems some people are obsessed with the government want to bring politics into every discussion or thread

If you'd like to start a thread in the other topic area i am sure you get plenty of bites.

Β·
Land lubber
1,421 Posts
Wrong forum. This forum is for the discussion of gear and maintenance. Please take you traffic to another channel. Out
Wrong place for this discussion. Go to politics forum

Seems some people are obsessed with the government want to bring politics into every discussion or thread

If you'd like to start a thread in the other topic area i am sure you get plenty of bites.
This is a gear thread, PLEASE KEEP YOUR COMMENTS ON TOPIC!

Β·
11,751 Posts
Please analyze And read thoroughly before you post as I said the same thing you said basically and agreed with you.

Also find someone else to shout at. Capitalizing letters in e mails is tantamount to shouting and you don't have the "right" to shout at anyone. It isn't condusive to a discussion.

Β·
11,751 Posts
Back to the OP topic. The spouts are here to stay. Initially I struggled using them but eventually figured it out to where there is no spillage. I haven't seen any real material difference in the work quality of the spout and the ones I have are flexible enough to bend and rigid enough to be durable.

the issue with the work around of using the old spouts on the new container is no vent to allow back pressure with the "new" cans sans vents.

Someone could probably come up with a better way I gueas. I thought having the vent controllable at / on the spout was actually a good idea.

Β·
Registered
1,924 Posts

Excuse me?? Your post #53 said

"Maybe you could list a few examples of how the government doesn't intrude on our lives?"

My post (#54) as well as Chef's were in direct response to that, asking you keep your comments on topic (meaning gear and maintenance), rather than the intrusion of government into our lives which is what you are talking about in your post.

41 - 60 of 90 Posts