SailNet Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently purchased new ray marine speed/depth and wind. My question is do I drill new holes for the new transducers or try and remove the old ones. I read recently that removal can be an absolute nightmare if the transducers were epoxied in.
Thank you in advance!

·
Sailor
935 Posts
Myself, I would make every effort to remove the existing transducers before drilling new holes in the bottom of my boat. Hopefully it will go better than you anticipate. Do you have good access from inside the boat?

Tod

·
Registered
558 Posts
I had the Raymarine dealer install my new transducers. The new thru-hull fittings were larger than the olds ones, so they drilled them out. Then they used an adhesive for the installation, not epoxy. They told me to use a water based bottom paint on the transducers. Standard bottom paint will void the warranty.

·
Registered
865 Posts
When I had to drill a hole for a Raymarine speed/depth transducer I simply put the plug in old transducer , marked the center of the plug and drilled the correct size hole with a hole saw. It was a piece of cake. In one easy operation I took out the old and put in the proper sized hole for the new.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts