Glad I found Sailnet
- Reaction score
I don't think I've mentioned it before here, but I love to invent things. I'm working on something new that I think no one has done before. I must make sure to NOT go into any details on a public forum, so let me provide some information which reveals nothing of the design or anything.
- This would be an emergency rudder that can go easily from one boat to another.
- It would not need to be permanently mounted.
- It would not need permanently-attached mounting brackets.
- It would be bought for less than $400, stored onboard, and easily used when needed.
- It would be very compact for storage.
- It would have sufficient force to overcome the effect of your normal rudder, if that was stuck to one side.