SailNet Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

After reading Maine Sail's LED Review, I've decided to go with Sensibulb LED's for my lighting overhaul. I've hit most of the websites on their distributor list, but it looks like everybody only sells them as replacement bulbs. Does anybody know of a supplier that sells new fixtures fitted with the sensibulb LEDs? My existing fixtures are shot and I'd like to swap them out completely. If not, then as I understand it, the best thing to do would be to just buy standard G4 type fixtures and the Sensibulbs should pop right in correct? I would like to have a couple white/red lights for the main cabin and Nav table for night sailing. Any advice is greatly appreciated. --- Chris

·
I'd rather be sailing
1,902 Posts
Sometimes easier said than done... I need to find GOOD stainless dome lights with a 6 3/4" diameter, both in single bulb and in red/white nav station style. I've found a couple of cheap units, but I'm somewhat scared of those these days...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies guys. Maine Sail, thanks for the great review that pointed me in the Sensibulb direction to start with.

Labatt, it's funny that you should reply to this post. My wife and I have been following your blog for the past couple weeks. Congrats on making it to the Bahamas. My only request is that you POST MORE PICTURES! Sounds like you've had your hands full, but hopefully you are still finding time to have fun.

Thanks again to both of you.

·
██▓▓▒▒░&
13,645 Posts
"cheap units, but I'm somewhat scared "
And rightfully so. We picked up one of West's "house brand" white dome lights about three years ago because we needed a light and that was what was in stock. Made in China. The wiring broke off the switch during installation.
Makes the British Lucas electrical systems seem robust, doesn't it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts