SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Boat Hunter
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member living in the DFW area, am looking to gain insight into live aboard situation for future. Novice, soon to be rectified, interested in learning everything I can from seasoned sailors before I pull the trigger.

Bring On The Wind
Reaction score
Welcome to sailnet Marc, great place for learning, fire off all the questions you have and hopefully we can help. Quite a few places to learn and sail around DFW, there is Texoma, Eagle Mountain Lake, Lake Arlington, Ray Hubbard, Joe Pool, Grapevine and Lewisville along with a few other that have active sailing communities. Good luck with the dream.

Boat Hunter
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks CatMan22 - I live a short distance from Lake Dallas and am scheduled to talk to an instructor next weekend. I am enjoying reading the forum(s) and also the associated blogs. Much to consider and plan. Thanks again for thee welcome.

Boat Hunter
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Marc - welcome to SN dude. You'll like the place.
Thanks man. Already enjoying reading the archives and weighing opinions! It could be overwhelming, but I am learning a lot.

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the community and good sailing. Of the lakes you mentioned, lewisville and texoma offer the best water with most of our lakes sooooo low. I used to sail on lewisville, also had an old classic chris craft that I kept in the water there, but now use texoma

Boat Hunter
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome to the community and good sailing. Of the lakes you mentioned, lewisville and texoma offer the best water with most of our lakes sooooo low. I used to sail on lewisville, also had an old classic chris craft that I kept in the water there, but now use texoma
Thanks for the welcome. Yeah, the lake situation is pretty dismal on some places. I'm a Realtor and a client wanted lake front - we wound up in East Texas in Hideaway!

I'm looking forward to lurking and learning.

Marc

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.