SailNet Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I own a 1988 Catalina 30,Mark II,with a wing keel which I bought last July and have been refitting and upgrading. Boat sails great and looks good but I am afraid I have more into it than its worth. Well, I don't plan to sell it for a while anyway.
I keep the boat moored at the Coconut Grove Sailing Club, a great club for sailors in Miami.
My prior boat was a 1977 O'Day 27 which I also refitted but found a bit small for cruising.
My wife and I usually sail Biscayne Bay and upper keys but are planning longer cruises down to the lower keys soon.
We have chartered in the Caribbean few years ago.
Look forward to benefit from the experience and knowledge of this group in the future. Thanks.

·
Seinor Member
276 Posts
Welcome aboard Reycuban

Good to have you here. Sorry to hear about the winged keel;) or is it anchor. I am up in NE Florida and last week the sailing was fantastic. In the 80's, There is a front coming through and is making it cold here. I think I'll stay aboard my boat till is warms up.

Fair Winds and a Blessed New Year
Oh one last thing. DON'T PI** OFF THE PORTAGEEE you will get Photoshoped
Dave

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome

Thanks. Hear you on the winged keel,but here in Biscayne Bay, draw 3.8', is a big advantage, just need to be careful and know the Bay. Getting good advice from members already from the maintenance forum. Glad I joined.
Weather here has been great although we have had light winds the last couple of days. Monday the Orange Bowl regattas were cancelled due to light winds. Plan to spend NY's in the bay, watch fireworks then sail (motorsail) to Elliott Key for weekend tomorrrow. Thanks for the welcome and Happy New year.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Cuban:

Welcome to Sailnet from another C30 owner.

Does Coconut Grove still have an extensive liveaboard community? My father was anchored there for almost a year in the 80's..

Also... don't forget to get a copy of Catalina 30 Tech-Talks.. Lots of helpful hints on your boat... You can find about it on International Catalina 30 Association.

Again, welcome to Sailnet.

David

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome

I believe that live aboards at the CGSC are very restricted,mostly for short term transients stays. Great club,many services and excellent staff.Thanks for the welcome.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts