SailNet Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a recent college grad (Mechanical Engineer from MTU)living in central MI with limited experience sailing my dingy on Inland lakes but a few trips on lake Michigan and lake superior.

I have dreams of one day cruising the world but finances do not currently allow for such adventures. Paying off my student loans will come before a bigger boat.

In the mean time I am looking to help out on a larger vessel on the big lake so I can "learn the ropes" as they say of sailing a larger craft.

I am young, healthy, a quick learner, very personable, and available most weekends and even weekday evenings (work in Rockford until 5) with enough warning.

If you are looking for someone to help out this summer let me know. Or if you know another forum on which I might find more boats looking for help I am open and thankful for any help I can find.

Thanks,
Josh

·
Administrator
5,911 Posts
Josh,

Look for local sailing clubs. Usually they are a low-cost way of getting on other peoples boats and you also have the benefit of a membership who love to talk sailing, often have club trainings, etc. A club with an active membership who race is also a great way to get on boats more frequently.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts