SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,678 Posts
MArk,

Let me add my welcome!:)

It seems you really have your work cut out for you with this refit, but it also sounds as if you're cut out for the work too!

It must be handy having your cousin as a resource. That was quite a trip they took in their CN58. Looking at the track of their journey, I couldn't help wondering if they ever regret not having crossed their outbound route to "close" the circumnavigation? From the looks of it, one long tack to leeward might have done it!:D :D :D :D Do you ever kid him about it?:D :D

All the best of luck to you with the refit. We don't have too many boats your size here, but I hope we can be of assistance all the same. And maybe you can teach us a thing or two as well!:)

·
Registered
5,678 Posts
John,
My cousin is a "gentleman sailor" He and his wife hired a full time skipper and his wife to manage and deliver the boat to places they wanted to be. The owner of the link I listed above was their skipper. Check out the ex-skipper's current new position on the ORION PROJECT at that link and a few of his previous boat positions. Kurt & Vicky had no particular goals regarding routs or circumnavigation but really enjoyed the venue de'jour. "What does Vicky make for dinner"? - RESERVATIONS. I love 'em. Note, click on any of Kurt & Vicky's photos for a link to that destination.

I was just having another look myself and noticed they transitted the Malacca straight. Right about now that would make my skin crawl.
Ahhhh, I see now. That explains much.

I love having reservations for dinner.:D :D :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.