SailNet Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guess I am finally taking the plunge, I will be heading to Rock Hall to pick up my new to me Morgan 382. After three years of thinking and looking this spring decided to wait no longer. I sail her back next week if I can find the right crew member to assist. Just saying a quick hello as preparing for the trip next week is eating up a lot of time. Open to any suggestions and advise, can always learn.

Dave

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
I strongly recommend that you give yourself more time for this endeavor. You need to day-sail your boat checking out all the systems making certain it can sail and motor reliably. It sounds like you are making the first mistake by establishing a timetable for getting your boat home.
John

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice, I will be working the weekend with the previous owner and have already decided if I have any concerns will postpone. I have read a lot on the site and understand the pitfalls of rushing. If all works out I will be sailing with an experienced person.

·
Registered
46 Posts
As a fellow 382 owner... welcome to the club! Is this the 6' draft boat from Rock Hall that's been advertised online?

I bought my '81 382 last March. I've cruised her quite a bit around the Chesapeake and am currently re-fitting for an extended cruise in the Caribbean. Love the boat!

Make sure to check out the owner's forum at Morgan38.org. It's a very active board with nearly 2 decades worth of conversation about this boat. Excellent resource!

Ken

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Ken, that likely the boat you mentioned. Namaste is her name and guess I'm going to keep it that way. I have been working getting ready for the trip north to vt, we leave Monday. I am very pleased with her thus far, a good solid boat.
Dave.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts