SailNet Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
s/v Ubiquitous
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am the proud owner of a 1972 Morgan 35. She is in good condition though she has some issues to get her into the condition I want but I got her, she's mine and I love her. She is powered by a Kabota 30 hp but at purchase all controls and wiring have been disconnected. Additionally the steering cables were crossed in the pedestal but I already fixed that. Time for me to lose a few pounds as climbing around in her undersides was a bit cramped.

It has a small refrigeration system but due to the wiring issues (besides random cut wires dangling and the fact that the meager attempt at rewiring was previously done in all red wire, no positive or negative just a jumble of red wire behind the fusebox which is missing most of its switches) It did come with a digital depth finder that work but I have yet to locate the transducer.

The shaft for the rudder leaks at the packing gland. Been there, done that and know enough to wait for it to be put on the hard. Additionally I have no idea the state of the seacocks so they do not get touched till shes up on stands.

She sports a new custom bimini, fair to good sails and an electric head. This is a move up from a 26 footer so I have a few things to learn. My wife and I did take her for a sail a few days after we bought it. We were lucky to have 10-15 mph winds. Nice sailing boat I would say.

I would love to hear any thoughts both good and bad about these boats. My wine and I hope this to be the boat that takes us south to the islands.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Check the standing rigging, hull deck joint and deck hardware carefully. I know you know this, but I said it anyway since I expect to be doing the same as soon as i can.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts