SailNet Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just purchased a 1975 pearson 30'' with a 5ft draft . looking for any and all info... any pearson owners groups out there?? thanks bob

·
Registered
919 Posts
firemanbob said:
just purchased a 1975 pearson 30'' with a 5ft draft . looking for any and all info... any pearson owners groups out there?? thanks bob
Should be a great boat. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
There are a lot of Pearson websites out there, some model-specific, some for the generic Pearson owner. I can't remember the addresses off-hand, but check out the Good Old Boats website and go to the Owner's Associations link. Lots of websites and personal email addresses to try.

btw, great boat! You will really enjoy it.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
firemanbob said:
Firemanbob Cant use a computer but I have a Pearson 30 77 I'll tell you all I know,which isn't much. Let me tell you I love my boat!Idon't know what type engine you have,but if it is an ATOMIC 4 and you have problems, go to Moyer Marine Atomic 4 COMMUNITY,any thing else I've probably been there! Give me a shout. Gotta go race tomorrow. JIMIKE

·
Senior Moment
1,931 Posts
Are you guys aware that firemanbob wrote that first post in this thread over 5 years ago? Just thought I'd mention it.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Nope didnt even notice the date up there. Why would someone bring up such a dead topic? The person bringing it back to life didnt really have any good info anyway. The systems in a 75 P30 and a P36-2 are alot different.

·
Registered
919 Posts
SailorMitch said:
Are you guys aware that firemanbob wrote that first post in this thread over 5 years ago? Just thought I'd mention it.
You're right. He may have located the Pearson owner's web-sites in the intervening five years. I have to say, I rarely look at the date if it is on the first page of posts.

·
Senior Moment
1,931 Posts
Cb -- Interesting because anymore, that is one of the first things I check. Saves some effort trying to give someone advice they asked for ions ago, and they probably don't come to Sailnet anymore either.

DistantStar also makes a good point, and one that drives me nuts on the Pearson email list. Someone writes in with a question about a P-30, made in the '70's into early '80's, and someone responds with info about a different model boat made years later. It doesn't help if I ask a question about my 1988 P-33-2 and someone answers based on his 1978 P-10M. Oh well. I'll behave now.

·
Registered
919 Posts
SVDistantStar said:
How about we just kill this topic for another 5 years and not respond to it anymore. Make mine the last responce.
I have already calendared it for a 2012 response.;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
very observant sailor mitch - why can't i pay attention - i was gonna respond since i have similar needs for info and the same boat as firemanbob

·
Somewhat Senior Member
619 Posts
Okay, borrowing the theme from another thread... I'm Ignoring This Thread!

·
Not So Junior Member
19 Posts
Well, it's been a year and a half since someone posted to this dead thread so I thought I would throw something in here. That way, when CBinRI comes back in 2012, he'll have somethin new to read.
Ok, maybe I'm the only one who thinks this is funny.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts