SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
"More pictures to the thread nobody ever looks at! hehehe... whatever, in for a penny..."
Hey Shnool, don't be so sure of that. Nice work.
Nice find on the O'day ladder. I've been looking for a 5 step ladder for my O'day 25 for a while. Just found one on Amazon.
Keep the pics coming!

·
Registered
105 Posts
I always felt my "sailor skills" were lacking in not knowing how to properly splice double-braid.

I needed to replace all three halyards and my spin topping lift, and it gets tricky cause if I paid someone else to do it, they'd also need to include a snap shackle on at least 2 of them. Increasing the cost considerably... So I took a chance on Youtube, and the nice NER how-tos online. Bought a pusher, and fid for 5/16 line, and then purchased 85 feet of VPC.. the result was this:

Then I took my skills learned with that, and did 2 more... with the shackles I had kicking around.
One of the most satisfying nautical things I learned was how to splice double braid and three strand rope. Being able to by a length of rope and make custom sized dock lines was a big money saver.

Nice.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.