SailNet Community banner
61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Freedom isn't free
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
I am in... the mast went up nicely, backstay adjuster is working well, and I got everything working... I split my pull cord on the outboard but it started, so I used it as it was, and it did what I needed, I'll restring it this weekend.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thoroughly enjoyed seeing your progress. It's quite an eye-opener in terms of how much time/work it takes to do things yourself. Hope you are sailing happily and have some pictures of her on the water.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Thank you very much Shnool for this very intresting and inspiring thread,I will be referring back to it often as I get into my S27.9.. Even if it's an old thread,still pertinent.first thing I need to do is find a mast as that is the reason I got it cheap on asite sale,a stay broke under full sail and well you know the rest..the rest of the boat seems( to me an new sailor) to be excellent and operational ,couldn't pass it up,and they accepted my low bid..600.00! Negotiated of course after I foundi had to buy the outboard and trailer from the r/o seperate. But sails 2 sets anchor jackets gloves new paddles ect....any way I need a mast that will work.,30.5 ft I believe..also ....yesterday I was able to ring the bell as it was my last maintenance chemo treatment and have been declared ..in long remission no sighn of the cancer ,so I have get on with life As in diving and sailing..ha ha and of course towing and farming ..in between andof course taking out my c/l 16 when the water is not so hard any way ..I ramble .. Lots of good ideas here I will do the swim ladder for sure...

61 - 65 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.