SailNet Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased a Columbia 26 MK II and am diligently trying to become knowledgeable about this boat and sailing in general. Amazed at how much there is to learn! Am absolutely into the boat! What!? No holding tank!!? Where's the Jib line? You mean I have to climb up there and reattach... and the mast light is out? The bulb too!? Where's the bilge pump? The motor went out... hoist the mainsail!! How do you slow it down? We're heading toward the rocks!! Yikes!

The beginning experiences of sailing are reason to step into a forum of knowledge. I am honored to learn the rules of the sea... day by day... one step at a time. Sincerely appreciate all those wise souls out there who are unselfish enough to freely teach those who are willing to learn.

Peace and Tollerance!

Jim

·
19,489 Posts
Welcome to Sailnet, Jim.

Not sure why, but the Columbia 26 has always appealed to me on some level - never owned one but know several who have.

Enjoy!

·
Wandering Aimlessly
22,037 Posts
Welcome aboard and best wishes to you on your journey of learning.

·
Leap! The net will appear
234 Posts
Read, Read and read more...a lot can be learned off the water, then applied on it later. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Welcome!

The Columbia 26 is a great boat. I used to sail one when we lived in Oklahoma. Sails well in light air.. Heavy enough to handle a good size chop.

Congratulations!

Is your outboard still in the well, or did you move it to the transom?

David

1 - 8 of 8 Posts