SailNet Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I'm getting back into sailing right now and want to start crewing with larger boats. sailing for me is a great experience because you need to master some very different elements in order to do it properly. You can't just gas up and go like with a powerboat and just cruise around wherever you want. I want to gain more knowledge through experience with sailing and sailing larger boats. I'm a very intelligent and laid back person and love being outside on the water, i'm certainly not going to be someone who thinks they know it all and will be quick to tell someone how it should be done or the likes. I just want to have fun on the water like most on this site I feel. So feel free to let me know if you, a friend, or someone you know is looking for a beginner to pass on some of their knowledge to. I'm on the south shore of Long Island but would certainly travel the island for a chance to crew. Cheers!

Daryn

·
Captain
121 Posts
Daryn I'm in Connecticut and mostly working on boats at the moment. I do deliveries and often need crew depending on your schedule, you might be interested. Not sure how much sailing I'll be doing in the near term as my Portie is having pups in a few weeks, but stay on touch and I'll take you sailing. I'm glad to mentor other sailors.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for letting me know! I certainly would enjoy getting the chance to help crew more on larger boats. I will definitely keep in touch and let you know what my schedule is like soon as its up in the air right now. I appreciate your willingness to mentor someone too!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi Daryn,

I live in West Islip and have my boat in the water until early November so I could take you out and teach you a few things if you'd like. Feel free to PM me and we'll set something up.

-Chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts