SailNet Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
9,053 Posts
To NJHippo, Welcome to SailNet. As a former northern Jersey boy myself, it is always nice to see a fellow Jerseyite taking up the sport.

in that case you might find this book interesting and inspiring.

https://www.amazon.com/Whortonsville-Yacht-Tractor-Club-Novel/dp/0692749101/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

Written by a dear friend about his move from northern NJ to the wilds of coastal NC.

oh, and welcome!
If your friend is in Whortonsville, I can only hope that he is okay since Whortonsville really was hit hard with a record high storm surge.

Jeff

Reactions: sailforlife

·
Registered
517 Posts
To NJHippo, Welcome to SailNet. As a former northern Jersey boy myself, it is always nice to see a fellow Jerseyite taking up the sport.

If your friend is in Whortonsville, I can only hope that he is okay since Whortonsville really was hit hard with a record high storm surge.

Jeff
Thank you for the kind wishes. Yes Whortonsville took a serious hit from this storm. I keep my boat there and reports are slow to come ... roads are still impassable.

I too am a Jersey boy (Clifton) ... it's a fading memory for me at this point. But sadly my friend is gone, taken by cancer. His inspiration lives on in those of who knew him.

·
Administrator
9,053 Posts
Thank you for the kind wishes. Yes Whortonsville took a serious hit from this storm. I keep my boat there and reports are slow to come ... roads are still impassable.

I too am a Jersey boy (Clifton) ... it's a fading memory for me at this point. But sadly my friend is gone, taken by cancer. His inspiration lives on in those of who knew him.
I hope that you came through the storm okay and I am sorry about losing your friend. I am from Englewood. I don't know how old you are but in 1968 I went out a few times with a girl from Clifton named Pam Angel.

Jeff

Reactions: sailforlife

·
Registered
517 Posts
thanks Jeff.

Well I got word that my boat made it through just fine, but the marina took a lot of damage.

In 1968 I was 8! I don't know Pam Angel or the Angel Family, but I'm sure she was a cutie ... afterall, Clifton is known for it's good looking residents :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts