SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

New solar install battery selection

3K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  travlin-easy 
I would stick with flooded batteries. 2 golf carts in series would be my first choice if they fit the space. The best value and double the cycles of any 12 volt battery.

Looks to be almost midway between a T-105 (220 AH) and an L-16 (370 AH)

I've never understood the theory that it will take longer to recharge really. As long as your daily use is the same the recharge time will be similar. The advantage of a larger bank is you will be using a smaller percentage of it and therefore will experience a much greater number of cycles before battery replacement. You will gain economically as the gain in cycles will more than offset the additional cost.

Due to this one of the best things you can do to a battery bank is increase its size.

It was the 4H I was referring to. Cannot find a 5H on the Dyno site, but can find the D350, basically an L-16 size battery @ 350 AH.

Is this for your boat or your father's Spencer 42?

Here are the specs on the 4H

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.