SailNet Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

islander bahama 24
Reaction score
I second the 6volt series setup if you have the room I'm trying to find the height for this battery Dyno Battery - Premium Quality Battery Manufacturing - Made in the USA and at 315 ah with a 180 min reserve at 75 amp draw but would take a heck of a solar charging setup to recharge waiting on he company to tell me how big a loan I will need for a total of 4

islander bahama 24
Reaction score
It is the 4h I was trying to find the 5h like the dead ones I was given as salvage same footprint but almost twice as tall looks like the fisheries l16 unit is the 5h unit I want but personally I would rather go factory direct they are made a few miles away from my marina

islander bahama 24
Reaction score
The Spencer and the 5h is now called the L16 and I have an 8d on my lil boat was free had to relocate from lazerette to under the companionway steps for trimming fore and aft

islander bahama 24
Reaction score
250 watts of solar panel sounds like overkill for two Group 24 batteries.
That's the reason for charge controllers and if you have that much of an excess of power generation add a dump load like a 12 volt water heater element to use the excess power generated they make them as small as 100 watt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.