SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Hi Brett,

Congrats on the new boat and welcome to sailing. My recommendation would be to find an active yacht club that host's weekly "beer can" races. Skippers are always looking for crew and you can get a great intro to sailing for no more than the cost of a 12 pack of beer.

Also, don't be afraid to ask around the marina if some of the more experienced sailors would like some crew or if they would be willing to go out with you for a couple of hours.

Good luck and have fun!

·
Registered
504 Posts
Thank you for the reply. I have actually looked at a couple in st. Pete my only worry with that is being so young, and not well off, that the boating community of Tampa would hold themselves a little beyond me lol. I posted and add on craigslist looking to crew a boat as well but I don't want to get used to being on something 35-40+ foot and have to single man my 21 foot lol well my fiance' doesn't count lol
DON"T WORRY ABOUT IT. There are lots of boats that would be happy to have you and your fiance. The principles are the same 21 ft or 40 ft and you can learn a lot fast.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts