SailNet Community banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Daysailor wannabe cruiser
142 Posts
St Petersburg

Hey Brett,

I moved here from MN about 9 months ago with my girlfriend. We live in St. Petersburg. I had some experience sailing but didn't have a boat. I convinced my gf to go get ASA 101 certified over one of the weekends. Anyhow she likes sailing now and I have a Ranger 22 that I keep in the St. Petersburg Municiple Marina. I was lucky and found a well built boat that was very dirty and cheap. I spent a couple of weekends cleaning, cleaning and cleaning and some painting on the inside and ended up with a pretty nice boat for about $2500. There are so many boats for sale around here but the catch is where to put it oince you buy it. There is a ton of junk boats that should be hauled off too so in case you haven't bought one or sunk a boatload of $$$ into one keep looking. Slip space for that sized boat...if you can find a slip is about $250/month. You can anchor in a bunch of areas but I wouldn't cause I;m a puss. Drop me a PM and I'll let you know next time I need a hand if you still want some practice. I need lots of practice too but I can handle the boat for daysailing if it's not too windy:) I get out on the weekends and sometimes the gf would rather shop than sail so I go out alone a lot too.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts