SailNet Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, since I have to build up my post count to ten before I can use the PM function, I figure now is as good as any time to make my introduction.

First off, I live in Maryland near the Chesapeake Bay and have lived around this area for most of my life, but my job forced me to move to South Carolina for 14 years before coming back here to the bay area again in 2004. I finally managed to get back on the water a couple years ago and instantly remembered how much I loved being out on the bay. So much that I bought a house in Chesapeake Beach, MD last April and started figuring out a way to get back into a sailboat.

I recently purchased a real clean C&C 25 and just had it hauled out so I could get a good baseline on its condition, and do some maintenance that it needed. Looks like I got a great deal and no issues with the hull or other major systems. I also dropped my sails off to a local loft to have them check out the plethora of sails that came bagged in the boat. I'm dying to get her back in the water and see how she sails. However..... I need experience first.

I found this forum through the endless hours of searching the net and feeding my need for more and more information about sailing. I'm green as green can be but have sailed a few times over the past couple years with a good friend of mine from work on his Pearson 30. I previously owned a couple small runabouts and spent some time in the rivers and bay around Annapolis while I was in my twenties but will need lots of learning and practical experiences.

I have decided to take some formal sailing lessons through a local sailing club near Annapolis and try to help out on as many boats as possible to get more experience in all areas of sailing. I also want to make myself available to help anyone out that may need a hand working on their boat this winter or crewing in the spring to get more experience on board. If you live in the Annapolis or Solomons, Island area, just let me know if you need someone around to give you a hand.

Also - Thanks to Sailnet for this great resource.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Also.. welcome to Sailnet!

David

·
Registered
12 Posts
Welcome, Sir. May the new year find you enjoying the wind and the water...

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the welcome!

I'm looking forward to getting know the folks here at SailNet, and possibly helping some folks out in my area to gain experience.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Don,
I saw your post come up. I am in Chesapeake Beach too. Been here for about 10 years. Happy New Year.

Drop me a line... I live right across from Roland's on Deforest Dr.
I'm keeping the boat at Flag Harbor in St. Leonard. I'd love to move it up to Chesapeake Beach, but the prices for slips at the Rod&Reel are outrageous.
Herrington Harbor is a little pricey too, and they are not a do-it-yourself operation, however that would be convenient too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts