SailNet Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Precision 21, hull #163
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi folks! My girlfriend and I have just completed our search for a first boat. We’ve bought a 1990 Precision 21 from an owner in PA. We’re excited to get it down to our vacation home in Mesic, NC, on the shore of the Bay River, next weekend. Hopefully we get it in the water soon, and start learning what to do!
Boat Watercraft Sky Plant community Naval architecture

·
Registered
Catalina 315
1,225 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You now have experienced sailors from all over the world standing by to answer your questions!

Your Precision should be a great boat to get started with or stay with. Good choice. Hope you enjoy sailing her.

·
Learning the HARD way...
7,799 Posts
That is a GREAT boat to start with! The Porta-Potty will get old fast, but the boat will sail very well. Enjoy, and consider keeping it even if you decide to get a bigger boat with more amenities.

·
Registered
Precision 21, hull #163
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Trailered that puppy to its new home in NC. This was the first time for me pulling a trailer. Getting to eastern NC from the seller’s home in PA wasn’t too terrible. But backing the trailer into this spot was very confusing! I was very glad I wasn’t doing that back-up job at a public boat ramp!
Tire Wheel Plant Sky Cloud

·
Freedom isn't free
3,234 Posts
The trailering comes from time and practice.
The P21 is an awesome first boat. It may take a bit to learn to rig it, and it might be time consuming to setup/tear down in a single day. One thing I will say though it will get you intimately familiar with the process, and teach you how to do it quickly and more importantly safely.

I agree with the sentiment that if you move on to bigger, or better/faster boats in your future, hold on to that boat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts