SailNet Community banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
WhatTheKell
16 Posts
Hi Orion,
I'm new here too. From your post, you're pretty near to me. A buddy of mine at the local marina has a Bristol that might fit your bill. He did a major refit on it 4 or 5 yrs ago. It's a 26, but has more headroom than my Kells 28. I've been on her and the boat sails well.

You could probably get a mooring he has on Mempremagog for a couple hundred more, yearly fee is 210 bucks or so. You'd be looking about 3500 for boat, trailer and mooring. Best deal I've seen in awhile. Do a VT Craigslist search for Bristol 26 in Glover. Tell Jack, Jeff sent you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Hi Orion,
I'm new here too. From your post, you're pretty near to me. A buddy of mine at the local marina has a Bristol that might fit your bill. He did a major refit on it 4 or 5 yrs ago. It's a 26, but has more headroom than my Kells 28. I've been on her and the boat sails well.

You could probably get a mooring he has on Mempremagog for a couple hundred more, yearly fee is 210 bucks or so. You'd be looking about 3500 for boat, trailer and mooring. Best deal I've seen in awhile. Do a VT Craigslist search for Bristol 26 in Glover. Tell Jack, Jeff sent you.
Thank you. I ended up buying the Catalina 27. I did look at a few boats online in VT and made some calls.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Will probably need to remove the fuel tank and clean it out. I had the same problem of stalling after running for a while in my 1979 boat. I pulled the tank out and there was at least a gallon of debris from repeated evaporations in there. Nasty.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts