SailNet Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
We just purchased a 1968 33' Soverel and are pouring money into the hole in the water just as we were told to do. Now we just have to fix her up and get ready to start our new life in Charleston. We are selling our 2002 sq. ft. house and selling or giving away everything. We could sure use some good luck and positive thoughts coming our way as we begin this new adventure.
Katie in Knoxville

·
Registered
987 Posts
Congratulations on your new boat.

Hello Krob2002. Sounds like you are jumping in with both feet. Sell you home and getting a boat and you are new to boating??? Hope you have read the book "Blown Away" for some humor from the Payson's adventure. There are many of us who support this lifestyle. I am jealous as I so want to sell the home and hold that auction for it's contents, pocket the change and untie the dock lines. Good luck with your adventure!! Remember to keep it fun.:laugher

Leslie
S/V "Tango"
Kent Island, MD

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Leslie,
I haven't read Blown Away yet. Thanks for the heads up. We have Sailing to Antarctica and several other books and blogs that we are reading. My husband (Sinuous) seems to think that I should have a genetic memory of boating because my Grandfather was a yacht caption for Carnegie Melon and my father was boat captain. I've been on boats a lot a long time ago. Who knows, maybe it will all come to me when we finally get out there.
I can hope.
I don't think I'll have a problem keeping it fun. I find humor in almost any venture that I'm directly involved in. I hope that my husband will find it equally amusing.
Hello Krob2002. Sounds like you are jumping in with both feet. Sell you home and getting a boat and you are new to boating??? Hope you have read the book "Blown Away" for some humor from the Payson's adventure. There are many of us who support this lifestyle. I am jealous as I so want to sell the home and hold that auction for it's contents, pocket the change and untie the dock lines. Good luck with your adventure!! Remember to keep it fun.:laugher

Leslie
S/V "Tango"
Kent Island, MD

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.