SailNet Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Swab
825 Posts
Welcome to the forum and to the small boat cruising crowd. I like the 27 foot size. We have been actively cruising in our Albin Vega 27 for going on eight years now and lived aboard for ten years before we took off from Hawaii. I'm sure the Tartan 27 will serve just fine.

If you are looking for an inexpensive but proven offshore boat, you might take a look at the Vega 27 as there are a lot of them out there and they can often be picked up cheap. There is a very well equipped example here that just went up for sale at $3500.

Fair winds,

·
Swab
825 Posts
I would be interested in a good example for 3500. Thanks for the info!
This boat is in Petersburg, Alaska, as are we at the moment. We actually considered buying it just for the equipment she carries. We have seen Vegas priced anywhere from "Free to a good home" to $25K on the West Coast and many in the $10K to $12K range, some complete with trailer.

·
Swab
825 Posts
Well I missed out on a good deal on a Tartan 27 but I've come across a nice Pearson Triton that's owned by a local sail maker.
The Triton is a great old boat. They are solid, seaworthy and simple. Old fashioned and slow by today's standards, but very sea-kindly and easy to live with. No surprises. We like that. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.