SailNet Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my name is Maya. I am a bit confused as to how to use this site. I can't see my replies to posts and I would like to participate and learn about the different islands abroad. I plan on making a huge life change next year for myself and possibly my daughter and I really need to read and get some feedback on the different islands where best to set my bags. I am selling everything I own to go on this journey so it is important for me to have communications with world travelers especially a sailing community considering I am going towards sea and sand. I've read the posts for newbies but still it doesn't exactly work as it reads. Feedback is appreciated.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Welcome,
Can't help you find an island. Me I'd buy me a nice cruising sailboat and cruise. You would have your own floating island.

What part of Texas are you in?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah sure bulb, let me get right on that. Sounds like a pretty good plan to me. :rolleyes: I can't breathe here anymore, barely surviving getting lost in the fog of crowded restaurants; comatosed two legged creatures; phony pleasantries; poluted streets; just to name a few. Maybe there's alot of truth to the phrase, 'Houston, we have a problem'. I paid attention.

A cowboy on the water aye? Whereabouts? Do you know anything about Panama? I hear it's safe, but then I am sure it is for men. But what about women? I'd like to get lost someplace I only have to bring one hat. Simplicity is key.

Know of such a place?

·
Registered
160 Posts
A cowboy on the water aye? Whereabouts? Do you know anything about Panama? I hear it's safe, but then I am sure it is for men. But what about women? I'd like to get lost someplace I only have to bring one hat. Simplicity is key.

Know of such a place?
40 years horseback got tired of not having a life. Left Montana and came to Port O'Connor bought a sailboat and learning to sail. Hoping to get enough experience to do a lot of coastal cruising. Prefer south, Mexico and on down. Don't know anything about Panama. I to would like to get lost someplace that all I need is my hat. :D

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Australia?!

How how awesome! I am thinking of going to Australia in maybe April to dive. A friend is suppose to send me a website for special package deals there. That is so cool! Besides being succumb to a great diving sites I have a weakness for big tough rugged Australian men. Well at least you'all look good on tv! haha... Actually a favorite dive shop of mine in Roatan is owned by Australians. Love the accent!

Thanks for the kind welcome. I appreciate it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts