SailNet Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a while aince I've sailed. I have a 1970 Santana 21 that I have been restoring. Two years into it and hopefully three months to go and I'll be sailing again.

·
Administrator
5,921 Posts
Welcome to SailNet and back to sailing!

·
sunfish?junior?
749 Posts
You have been at for a little bit. I hope you have had a sail or two during all your work ? Welcome to sailnet.
Kind Regards, Lou

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have to admit that when I bought the boat in February '12 I thought I'd be sailing by the next summer. Two kids and lots of distractions and now I'm finally seeing some light.
The previous owner had painted it with household latex that all had to be stripped.
I've been using Interlux Perfection to finish it, rochelle red on the hull, cream on the nonskid and off white on the house. It has come out fairly well but I'm not as pleased with it as when I used to use Awlgrip products.
I had to repair the transom and do some glass work on the centerboard trunk, and now I'm down to finishing off the interior. I have all the wood off in my garage stripped with the first coat pf varnish. I now have to strip the latex off of the interior and paint it.
I'm at the point where I just want to go sailing and the hell with making it perfect

1 - 5 of 5 Posts